• Availability of an educated low-cost human resource.
• IT Policy, 2000 in vogue.
• State Government is taking the initiative to promote IT education and e-Governance.
• Tripura is considered the second best IT destination in the North East after Guwahati.
• Potential for setting up IT-enabled services.
• A Software Technology Park is being set up at Agartala.
• Special Incentives for IT industries in the Tripura Incentive Scheme 2012.
IT sector (including IT-enabled services) has been identified as one of the major potential growth sectors of the State. The literacy rate of the State is 97.22 % (2016), which is much higher than the national average. IT industry being a knowledge-based industry, educated human resource is the most promising resource of the State. It has a good network of schools and colleges spread across the State.The availability of IT trained manpower in the State has significantly improved over the years. ln addition, there are a large number of private institutions running IT/Computer courses.
Tripura has been considered the Tripura has been considered the second best IT destination in the North East, after Assam, in an independent study conducted by NEDFi. The State Government has also accorded special status to this industry and special incentives have been announced for the IT industry in the State incentive Package. A Software Technology Park (STP) is being set up at Agartala in order to provide necessary infrastructure facilities for setting up of IT industries in the State.